Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs senator power up grade

oly05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs senator
Hi guys I was wondering if someone could help me out, I have just bought a vs senator with the running gear out of a vt senator. It has the 215i motor in it.

I was wondering if and what I could do for some more power. It all ready has exhaust extractors a lumpy cam (not sure of the size) that's about the most of it. and as far as I know these engines cam out with roller rockers and mild head work work already done

Was wondering if there are any other mods I can do apart from supercharging, that would give me some extra power, ie computer upgrade , diff or what ever.
Be good to hear where I should start from here

Thanks Chris

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
mate if its a VT motor its a 220kw not 215kw and no these motors did not come with roller rockers or head work so if you looking for power the biggest thing holding you back is the manifold there is about 10-20% more power in stock form using a better manifold if it has a cam maybe even more up to 30% more.
So again providing it does have a cam id go manifold and heads next then get it tuned to suit knowing the cam specs will help you alot.

and if its auto get some 3.45-3.7 diff gears if its a 6 speed get some 3.9-4.11 gears

355SENATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator/VS Statesman/VS Calais
Just stroke it, if it has the vt roller engine in it you should be right for clearance...

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
if its a 215kw or 220kw motor it is already stroked