Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Series tri-spoke mags (HSV)

vbmds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 Omega LPG
I'm doing some photoshoping and want to specifically use these HSV Mags: HSV_3Spoke.jpg

I've found surprisingly few images of this particular mag wheel via google, and non are high quality and large.

So I'm appealing to anyone who has these mags on their car, could I get a photo that is at least 1600x1200 in size, from a 4MP or better camera.

I've got an image of a mag straight on, so I'm after a 'front 3/4 view' shot, with the front wheels set straight ahead and both headlights visible - this is the view of the car I'm virtually modifying.

If there is any interest, I'll post an image of the finished virtual mag transplant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
post a pic of the car your modifying for angle reference.

vbmds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 Omega LPG
OK, can do - thanks.

Attachments

• Mazda_RX-4_first_registered_August_1973_resized.jpg
    Mazda_RX-4_first_registered_August_1973_resized.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,153

vbmds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 Omega LPG
I've done some more investigating of using Photoshop to change the wheels of a car image, and found that the Angle of the wheel is not overly important. It just needs to be on 'an angle', Photoshop can do the rest to make it look right.

vbmds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 Omega LPG
Yes that was the general end result intent, although what I've managed so far with a vastly inferior mag image, retains the concave nature of the mag.

The car will also get a body kit, although the air dam is an interesting case given that I want to keep the bumper and indicators and have it look like its bolted on. Most images of cars have integrated air dams...

Attachments

• TriMagsV1.jpg
    TriMagsV1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 575
Last edited: