Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs smells like fuel

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Try putting some weight on n off the tank like one of ur legs and listen for hissing that's how I found it

judge69gto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Oh geez.. Looks like I'll have to spend some time on the ute this weekend as it could be one of those problems or possibly something else. I really have to get this sorted as i feel drowsy in it sometimes!!

vs ute manager

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 ute
Black VXGTS, my charcoal cannister has 3 hoses side by side coming off the top, so whats with that? What pipe goes where/does what, i have vs series 3 ute,also in my workshop manual it says take cannister out shake it, if rattle is heard replace charcoal element, but you say there not servicable? I beleave there not servicable either....
The good old 27A, i got pinched years ago in my HX 308 running a holley, constable plod canaried me (defected) had to replace every bit of pollution gear, this just one month after fitting brand new holley....anyway ur help with this charcoal cannister would be apprieciated as this smell is pissing me off, sick off the headackes...

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
I really don't think ud get cabin smell from the engine bay, there's a port straight into the fuel tank compartment behind the passanger seat and the fuel filler neck is right behind drivers window.... (This is where I believe ur problem is) one like from the canister goes to fuel tank, one goes to purge solenoid, think there's only 2? Maybe 3rd one breather?