Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ss ecu problem??

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
Yep I've definitely learnt my lesson and looks like I'm up for another memcal aswell :(

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Also trx100 told me that vs v6 and v8 ecu's are the same they just run different memcals? I don't think that is right, could someone confirm this?

Never buy anything from this ebay seller. PCM Hacking tore down one of his tunes and it was trash. Is this one of his products?

VN/VP V6 and V8 used the 808 ECU, but from VR onwards the V8/V6 ECUs are completely different.

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
I havnt bought a ecu from him but the ss I bought came with one of his 192kw performance chips that he sells, so I plugged it in and fried my ecu somehow, when I hit him up about it he told me to try all this different sh*t and nothing work then he said to get a v6 ecu and put my v8 memcal and that should work. But thanks for the warning I won't be buying anything from him.

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
A V6 ecu can work on a V8. Had a V6 auto ecu with flags off for manual tune in my VRV8 with NVRam board installed for tuning purposes.

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
And does that apply for the vs? I've heard that the vn 6 and 8s can use the same ecu just wasn't sure on vs models

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
A V6 ecu can work on a V8. Had a V6 auto ecu with flags off for manual tune in my VRV8 with NVRam board installed for tuning purposes.

Hmmm, I'll probably stand corrected for a VR as they were still using Buicks with batch fire, but I can assure you the VS boards are different.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
VR V6 and V8 use the same PCM but different models for auto or manual.

TRX100 = dodgy ****, you couldn't pay me to use his ****.

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
Yep + hes negative feedback is pretty bad, not to mention some of his product can be abit pricey.

Apparently greenfoam is the one to see for proper performance memcals, has anyone here personally had his memcals? If so are they worth the bang for buck?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Greenfoam went away a couple of years ago after some disputes with other members.

The people to hit up now are either The1 or Delcowizzid.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Hmmm, I'll probably stand corrected for a VR as they were still using Buicks with batch fire, but I can assure you the VS boards are different.

Depends what series VS.
VR V6/V8, VS V8 Manual the same (16206305 similar to the old VN/VP 808 ecu)
VR V6/V8, VS V8 Auto the same (16176424 first PCM)
Memcals are not interchangeable between auto & man, won't break anything, just won't work.

VS V6, different again.
Then came the same pcm as the VT in the later VS series V8's

Still not sure how you blow up an ecu & memcal even with the battery still being connected unless you force it in backwards..... or is it using some sort of adapter?

Last edited: