Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ss ecu problem??

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
I'm not sure what happened either, though I didn't force anything. Just plugged the chip in with yes an adapter and plugged the memcal in the adapter on its side, didn't bend or damage any prongs and none of the fuses were blown. I would post pics of it all but not to sure how to. If you look up 192kw hsv chip on eBay you will see the so called "chip"

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
Everything was running perfect until I did the chip swap..

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
So it's the 16206305 ecu (manual)
What did the chip come out of, auto or manual?
When you plugged the memcal onto the adapter did it have the 2 grooves at either end facing up or 1 groove in the middle facing up on the factory memcal slot?

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
So it's the 16206305 ecu (manual)
What did the chip come out of, auto or manual?
When you plugged the memcal onto the adapter did it have the 2 grooves at either end facing up or 1 groove in the middle facing up on the factory memcal slot?

Yeah thats the one.
The chip is for a manual, the previous owner said he had the chip in before, never had problems and it went hard. But he also said he had the ecu unplugged before putting the chip and adaptor in..
Heres a link to the chip which looks the exact same when my chip and adaptor was plugged in, thought this would be easier then trying to explain it.

Holden Commodore VS S1 S2 V8 MAN T5 192KW Upgrade FOR HSV 185 Models | eBay

Cheers.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
VS V6, different again.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

The1 might able to convert an auto ECU for the T5 VSS and give you a memcal to suit if you have trouble getting a manual ECU.

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
I didn't realize that could be done, sounds cheaper too..? I am having trouble with finding a manual ecu, how would one get in contact with The1?

corey89

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs ss manual
Thanks wozza, just pm him on eBay.

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
Manual plugs will not fit the auto ecu without modification.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

The1 might able to convert an auto ECU for the T5 VSS and give you a memcal to suit if you have trouble getting a manual ECU.

Unfortunately not that simple with the older ecu/pcm's, different pinout/plugs so a fair bit of work repinning the manual loom to work.
To get out of trouble a vr/vs v8 memcal with vats disabled in an 808 would get it running but no immobiliser is a bit risky.

If (and it's a big IF) the sxr chip isn't buggered in the fried ecu it (and a couple of other components) could be soldered into a vn/vp 808 and basically turn it into a compatible ecu.

There's a compatible ecu on ebay atm for $110 + $15 postage that'd work with a V8 memcal put in it, is this what yours looks like? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-C...28?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item280379ff04.
Ignore the one for $5 bid as it's a VN 808 and no good to you.

Last edited: