Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SS shell price

vnboost

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 executive
Hello fellow commodore lovers. I have a mate who owns a VS SS and he is stripping the running gear out of it (Engine, Gearbox and Diff center) for a torana project. silly man i know. I had dibs on the car for when he sells it but i don't know how much it's worth. it has a couple of dings and imperfections but the paint is still nice. it also has a clubsport bodykit with some broken mounts but i will have no trouble fixing that. no mags or good tyres but apart from the soon to be missing running gear the car is in reasonable condition. can anyone help me with a ball park figure for what the shell is worth?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
silly? he's on the right track :p smaller size engine as the car came out with, moar powah, bolt in swap, no engineers needed, providing the outdated suspension and brakes are updated, it'll be awsome.... sorry can't help on price, except it'd be worth less than the torana even if it still had it's engine and driveline lol

vnboost

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 executive
Yeah fair enough the torana will be awesome. just seems a shame to wreck a nice ss is all. cheers guys. can anyone else help with a price range?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
It's worth the lowest amount your mate will take for it, after all he owns it and you want it, that is how a 'sale' works. There is no redbook guide to 'how much is that shell worth'.
If he's a mate, I'd offer to swap the shell for assisting him with stripping the gear out of it or a case of beer, something like that. After all, he didn't buy it so he could sell the shell for profit?