Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs starts up rough

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
Hi I just bought a 97 Vs exec and when I fire it up it sounds rough as farrk, also I have to give the accelerator a pump(carby like) but after warm up shes all good ! Any ideas on what it could be, maybe a air sensor or something?? Any help would b great

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Could be the coils and plugs,rule of thumb when you buy a car always get it serviced

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
If it's only happening when it's been sitting for a long time check the fuel tank vapour cannister purge solenoid. It may be stuck open.

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
I bought it on the weekend done the oil , filter, plugs thermostat n coolant. It feels like firing up a carby eng, after a few revs she idles nicely ???

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Add some injector cleaner next time you fuel it up,could be the injectors are clogged up

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
Also give the MAF and the IAC a clean... I would check for vacuum leaks as well as they tend to show up more when the engine is cold...

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have just started my car after about 3 days of not driving it due to all the rain we are having and it also had a rough winding noise and vibration it lasted for about 30 secs,would this be a fuel sensor issue? Everything else on it is fairly new,here I am trying to give OP some answers to why his car is starting rough and now I have the same issues with mine.

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
Just done the injectors, drove it for about 20 min and opened it up a few times, then fired up nice On start :) but I'm keen on cleaning the MAF sensor but how should I go about it, just spray it with contact cleaner or what ??? cheers 4 the help