Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Statesman V6 to V8, Auto to manual wiring help...

insane

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi all, new to here but have been reading for the last few hours about the 5 spd conversion factor without really finding exactly what I am after. It may have been already covered but I am unable to find exact answers.

I have taken a july of 95 VS Statesman V6 Automatic & crammed a 5 ltr 5spd manual out of a november of 96 series 2 ute into the stato. Subframe, steering rack, a/c piping, pedal box (cable clutch), trans tunnel plate, motor, gearbox, tailshaft, exhaust, a/c condensor & thermo fan, complete engine wiring loom from ute for the V8 motor & manual gearbox installed with the V8 Manual computer. V8 level 3 dash, not from ute. All hooked up running no probs except for a few little things.

Electrical I am wondering is there a way of me not having to cut the Neutral starter switch wires, reverse light wires & speed sensor wire from the automatic wiring & join to make everything work as it should? Or no matter what do I have to cut & join? Asking because I really didn't want to cut into the original v8 engine & gearbox wiring loom as my gearbox wiring is ran into the engine loom & back inside to the dash loom I'm guessing or really cut into the dash loom if I didnt have to. If it's what I have to do then I'll do it but yeah :) Any simple plug n play options is probably what I should have asked lol. Have both vehicles sitting side by side so have most things.

At the moment have the Neutral starter switch plugged in to start it, just wanted to find out before I go hacking into the original wiring already there. If I have to, I think I can find the wiring alterations needed on here again, I hope lol.

Also one last thing. what would I have to do on the electrical side of things to be able to plug in a VY VZ power window master switch in the center console into the original vs statesman power window wiring? With the 5 speed manual conversion I'm looking at the power window switch hole in the console & thinkng one of those rectangle blocks of switches might just fit nicely seem for now I am removing the statesman padded cover from the center console which holds the two blocks of vs electric window switches so I can run the manual cover & gear shift boot for the console..

Any help on my situation would be appreciated.