Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS strut into VN SS

B

Bruce Davidson

An associate of mine whom owned a Commodore dismantlers, purchased a neglected VN SS for only a few hundred dollars, while sitting around having a few cold ones after work, he looked at the front end he had from a VS that had been severely smashed in the rear. Up came the idea, (wouldn't give him credit for being the first to do this) of drilling all the spot welds from the strut towers on both cars and putting the VS towers onto the VN. Now with Builstein shocks, clubsport brakes, adjustable upper caster plates, it is able to be aligned to a presise setup so as to handle unbelievably well and not suffer uneven tyre wear. Running a stroked 5.0 with all the goods, sure to get the laughing gas. It also sports a custom paint job with the "holden lion" in a running pose with a mean snarl on its face and the back half of its body turning to flames that fade down the rear guards. A real VN with attitude, I'll post some pic's as soon as he takes it out of hiding. :cool:

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Just a question about your car Bruce, what is a VK "Royal".

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
jNINE said:
Royal is NZ speak for the early Calais models
pronounced
Roooarrlllll :p

A

ashleypope

Bruce Davidson said:
An associate of mine whom owned a Commodore dismantlers, purchased a neglected VN SS for only a few hundred dollars, while sitting around having a few cold ones after work, he looked at the front end he had from a VS that had been severely smashed in the rear. Up came the idea, (wouldn't give him credit for being the first to do this) of drilling all the spot welds from the strut towers on both cars and putting the VS towers onto the VN. Now with Builstein shocks, clubsport brakes, adjustable upper caster plates, it is able to be aligned to a presise setup so as to handle unbelievably well and not suffer uneven tyre wear. Running a stroked 5.0 with all the goods, sure to get the laughing gas. It also sports a custom paint job with the "holden lion" in a running pose with a mean snarl on its face and the back half of its body turning to flames that fade down the rear guards. A real VN with attitude, I'll post some pic's as soon as he takes it out of hiding. :cool:
YOU RECKON REPLACING JUST THE STRUT TOPS n' modding the ball joint holes 'LL DO IT?