Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs supercharge

Nathan72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 3.8
hey guys would the m90 supercharger fit straight on to the vs motor and if so wat mods or engine upgrades would i need if i had got one. thanks

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Absolutely not. pretty much only the block is the same. You would need new heads, new intake manifold, fuel injectors, fuel pump and some other stuff. Also even if you do make the conversion, it will be a weaker engine because the rotating assembly is stronger in the L67 as well.

It is usually better to either do a complete engine swap (engine, loom, computer) or sell your car and buy one with the L67 already in it. I did the latter :D

Nathan72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 3.8
oh ok kool thanks do u now a good supercharger that will fit straight on or bolt on

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Depends on your target and your budget. If you just want a little extra power, a kit from Castelmaine Rod Shop will do you nicely. It runs 3psi of boost and can be switched on and off. A 6psi pulley is also available but you have to forego the ability to switch the boost on and off.

If you want real power, a tough streeter... expect to spend $4000 rebuilding the engine to handle the power, or drop in a stroker motor for roughly the same money. You'll then need to spend another $4000, possibly more, on the supercharger.

On the other hand $4000 will get you a complete L67 conversion (not including labour)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
maybe you'd be interested in a raptor kit mate, i personally confess i dont know much about forced induction, but they're supposed to be alright. have a look in the raptor section of the forum.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yeah, the raptor kit would be the way to go. if you look further down they have there own section. they have been posting some good results there. definitly a good alternative to the l67 setup

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
alot of superchargers will bolt on, but it depends what your after, if you want big power, it'll cost you big $, check out the Raptor superchargers, ive heard good feedback about them, & unlike someone else, they are always there to help & answer questions

Last edited:

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
blown VS executive SII, 5sp
Raptor not too shabby

Yeah, I threw a raptor kit on my VS and i must say that for the $ value i was pleasently suprised with the results. It does take a little bit for the boost to build up, but it does produce nicely above 4000rpm. It goes well from standing starts and beats 5L V8's with ease, It also beats by both my mates r32 and r33 stock skyline GTST's. Match it with a 5sp man and you will have hours of fun, especially in the wet. Could easily be your cheapest and easiest option, but that is just from my experience, there could be better out there for the same price.

Hammers

Hammers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 Auto
hey shaggerz how much u looking at for the castlemaine rod shop job????

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
http://www.rodshop.com.au/

that is their web site. $1950 + delivery by the looks. Remember that you get what you pay for however...