Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Suspension and Tyre recommendations.

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
I have a VS 1996 Sedan, and i am looking at buying 4x lowered springs and shocks, some swaybars and some rims.
i need some advice as i have searched and searched but i am getting mixed responses.

Suspension first up - If it is the best, i would get Ultra lows, as it looks the best and comfort is not what i'm after. I'm after overall grip and handling, but i've heard lowering won't do that much, and if you go to low (like ultra low) it's actually worse for handling. i am just wondering based on handling what would be the best spring/shock setup (height and brand etc)

Rims - if it is the best, i would get 19s or 20s as they look the best. but i've heard that 20s are too big and you can have more luck with the same width 18' rim.

swaybars i already have decided on.

basically what i'm asking is would it be better handling to go for: 1. ultra lows all round with 20s or 2. super super lows all round with 18s. or something different like ultra low at back ssl at front etc.

SO - what i want is the best possible Spring/Shock/Wheel setup for HANDLING, not necessarily looks although i would find a way to make it look t0tally sik