Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Suspension help.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The point i was making about Urethane bushes is that they make the ride stiifer and more bumpy than standard. So maybe the urethane bushes in your VS account for a small part of the difference you've noticed.
If you really don't like the ride, I would go buy a set of FE2 springs from a wrecker. Fit the back ones first which is easy, then go for a drive and see how much better it is. Maybe you would be better with some taller softer springs.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
this may sound stupid but are the bump stops still the same seance lowering it ? it may be riding on the bump stops

Are they the rubber blocks that sit above the diff? I noticed when I was servicing the car that they are slightly broken and I was wondering if it was because the diff was hitting them more since I lowered the car.

aasr

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS S PACK UTE 97
Yeah mate that's them they should just unbolt out. when I lowered mine I just cut them down but u can buy lowered bump stops. hope this helps to out mate

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Yeah mate that's them they should just unbolt out. when I lowered mine I just cut them down but u can buy lowered bump stops. hope this helps to out mate

Thanks for that mate. I think ill try cut mine down a bit as well on the weekend. That could be the problem. Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help :)

One other thing I noticed, under the car in front of the diff, there is a dent in the floor where it looks like the tailshaft (where it bolts to the diff) has hit. Is that possible? Sometimes when I take off while turning left, I hear a knocking noise under the car but I thought it was the exhaust hitting something.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the tailshft has been hitting underneath the body,the engine mounts or gearbox mounts are most likely stuffed,or the rear upper and lower control arm bushes are very worn.These engine mounts (the genuine ones) usually collapse before they actually break.My engine sat about an inch or more higher in the engine bay once the new mounts were in.It really suprised me how far it had collapsed over the years.It was causing a bad vibration about mid way along the car at certain speeds..After I replaced the above mentioned components,shes all dead smooth again.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
If the tailshft has been hitting underneath the body,the engine mounts or gearbox mounts are most likely stuffed,or the rear upper and lower control arm bushes are very worn.These engine mounts (the genuine ones) usually collapse before they actually break.My engine sat about an inch or more higher in the engine bay once the new mounts were in.It really suprised me how far it had collapsed over the years.It was causing a bad vibration about mid way along the car at certain speeds..After I replaced the above mentioned components,shes all dead smooth again.

You were right about the upper control arms (or trailing arms). Bushes were worn out so I replace the whole arm and bushes (which repco had in stock). Thats fixed the tailshaft problem haha. Thanks mate.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys, sorry for bringing up this thread again but I have fixed the suspension problem with my car. Problem was that it was too low, so I bought some new springs from Pedders for $236 (for all 4) and raised the car just under 1 inch. Rides beautiful now. This is now the 4th set of springs I have fitted to this car lol.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
What are the part numbers on the Pedders springs they were replaced with?

Also do you want to sell your pedder springs that came out? if so PM with a price and part numbers.