Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs to vp wiper switch

C

customute

Hi,
I recently fit in my VP ute a VS Statesman dashboard and like to know if the front wipers switch that i had in the vp dash is easy to rewire it into the VS wiper lever switch as the lever fit staight in but want to make sure it will work the same. Many Thanx for the reply

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I don't forsee any problems. Check that the wiring is the same although it wont necessarily be the same colours.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I just put a vs windscreen wiper lever type switch into my vp making the old binnacle one on the dash redundant.....the action of the new switch is far easier and you don't have to take your hands off the wheel and the single wipe control is much better.
Is that what you are trying to do?
I had to mod the wiring a bit to make it work.The basic problem was the intermittent mode ..the 2 speeds ..slow and fast is a straight tee off and even the same colours.
I basically got the small pc board that was the electronics of the vp intermittent control from a wreck and wired it remotely into the circuit and mounted it near the fuses under the dash in its own small box.That way I didn't have to trash the original switch and it can be changed back to standard by putting the plug back on the old binnacle switch and disconnecting the one on the steering column.
The only problem is the hole that will be left in the shroud if you change it back...but I'll worry about if it ever happens.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Here's how I did it

Attachments

• wiper mod.jpg
    wiper mod.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 758