Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS to VU master cylinder/brake booster assembly

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Not a straight bolt on NO.
But alot of people do it the other way and fit 3rd gen master/booster combo on their 1st/2nd gen commodore's with different brackets and mods.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Basically no. VB-VS use a bracket to bolt the booster to the firewall where from VT onwards the booster attached directly to the firewall/pedal assembly and use a different stud pattern IIRC. It would also be a step backwards and give you a longer brake pedal so it's really not a good idea.

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
Hi all. Does anyone know if the brake booster master cylinder assembly from a VS will fit on my VU ute please?
Apart from not fitting it”s just plain stupid, if modded to fit would probably be illegal with transport authorities/insurance as it makes brake balance/size smaller than the factory fitted component rotors/master cylinder for VU/VX.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Commodore ute
Thank you all for your valuable information. Going to a wreckers yard soon where I might be able to buy a used master cylinder to rebuild with a kit......any advice about that also greatly appreciated.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Thank you all for your valuable information. Going to a wreckers yard soon where I might be able to buy a used master cylinder to rebuild with a kit......any advice about that also greatly appreciated.
brand new $160 to fit a vu ute free delivery from ebay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Commodore ute
Hi again all. Next is a replacement steering rack. I have a used one in my workshop. Is it worth rebuilding? Or is there perhaps an exchange or a reconditioned one or even brand new?