Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS turbo

VScom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 3.8L
Hi peoples,

Just a question, is it possible to fit a turbo to a VS commodore V6 Ecotec 3.8L? If it is what would be the price range, and estimated power increase? :confused:

slaben

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
you can but i think it costs a dickload, and its way easier to supercharge, as for power gain that depends on the turbo.

VScom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 3.8L
How much would it cost to supercharge?

Lyoness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
You have two options:
1) Turbo standard motor which you can get a rwhp reading of 240+ but you can end up blowing your motor within 6 months.
2) Buy a RB25 or RB20 half cut for anywhere from $2200 - $5500 and get that fitted as your engine then won't blow and the RB25 manual gearbox is A LOT stronger than a holden box.

It also costs about the same to turbocharge as it does to supercharge.

VScom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 3.8L
THANKS LYONESS :thumbsup:

C

CustomVS

Stock ecotecs are an L37 engine bottom end not tough or strong enough for Eaton M90 supercharger, L67 which comes with supercharged ecotec is a better choice buy for around 2500-3500, shop around, other option is CRS kit which in a bit hard to get fitted correctly as the only guys who know how to redo the kit is widowmaker race engines caloundra qld, they basically refabricate the front of the blower move the throttlebody to the blower end and put a 8 ohm resistor across the manifold so the computer see's a continuous flow which in turn allows more fuel to injected through stock injectors.....i cant find anyone in melbourne that can do it, everyone keeps saying these blowers are useless, look at Powerup car, it is very quick, trying to follow in his footsteps.....

V

vseddie

yea, keepin the engine stock id go with a crs or powerdyne kit, cuz the most u'd be able to get outta ur engine without blowing it would be 300rwhp. Mind you thats not a bad power figure.

VScom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 3.8L
Cheers for the info,

How much would it cost to get a CRS kit fitted?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
i think i read $1500 just to fit.