Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Unlocking Lights Not Flashing

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Does it have an aftermarket alarm? My does and one day my left hand side indicators didn't flash when locking or unlocking the car. Went to an auto electrician and found that a diode had failed. The diode was there as for the alarm so power only went one way through the wire.

Check the BCM too it could be the problem. It's under the dash, open the drivers side fuse panel and take off the vent on the side of the dash (it has athe rubber around the vent holes) and you will have clear access to it. It should flash when the car is locked and unlocked, once when locked and twice when unlocked.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Mine is doing the same, i also have an immobilizer fitted and the blinkers flash twice when deactivating the immob before starting but they don't flash when Locking or unlocking using the normal Holden key.
So I'll be following to see any progress.
By the way the BCM is under the dash above fuse box.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So it is, I had some cars and it was under the passenger seat, just assumed the Commodore was there too.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i had this same problem in my VS ute after i did a factory central locking conversion. turns out one of the door wiring looms was faulty, split wire i guess under 300 metres of electrical tape to hard to find, i replaced the whole door loom and it started working correctly

seveprim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
So it is, I had some cars and it was under the passenger seat, just assumed the Commodore was there too.

For the thousandth time is it at the passenger kick panel

ie sit the passenger seat with left foot kick the plactic ... it is behind that !!!!