Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute central locking not working?

sully1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs spak 5spd ute
hey guys new to just commodores forum.. recently bought a vs spak 5spd ute and the central locking doesnt work as im not completly stupid i checked the fuse and there is a wire to the top of the fuse but theres no wire going to the bottom bit? does anyone know what colour wire im loooking for as to fix it or any ideas?? as bcos the central locking doesnt work the alarm doesnt arm and there for my insuresne is void and ill really like to get it fixed

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If its a series 1 VS ute,then series 1 VS utes did not have central locking fitted..The immobiliser should arm a couple of minutes after the ignition key is removed from the ignition,also it should arm when the door is locked with the ignition key..The flashing red light on the dash confirms that the immobiliser is armed..If it doesnt blink,the red LED light may be blown,or there may be something wrong with the BCM(Body Control Module) which is the computer that handles the vehicles security systems among other things..

sully1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs spak 5spd ute
ohok yeah its 96 i thoght as it is an spak it would have comewith central locking if it doesnt how do i go about in stalling it?

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Check fuse number 7 to see if there are two pins and check what BCM series you have. ie ute, low, mid, lux etc.

If there are the two pins the you will need to get the door looms off a wreck which has the remote central locking as well as a low bcm with the keyhead to match it.
If there is only one pin in fuse 7, then you can either install a aftermarket remote central locking kit, or change the whole interior loom over (just takes a bit of patience, i did this in my ute)

m62vpute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP MANUAL S/C 3.8 UTE