Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute handbrake shoe

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
Hello all,
Just trying to change the stud on my vs ute on the rear right hub, I have the caliper off and the rotor off but just not the handbrake shoe and i need to take it off to put my stud through the hole. any help would be greatly appreciated please and thank's in advance.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
When I did the rears I didn't remove the shoes... Should be able to get them in easy. And I put longer ones than standard in...

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
really? I cannot, I tried soo hard to do it but I had to take the shoe's off, i sorted it out now :) released the adjustment thing and then lubricated the whole spring and holes it went into and then with a few good yank's at it i managed to get the top one off and then just spread them enough and yeh :) pretty simple if your not stressed, my handy tip would be to not want to set your car a light while doing this ;) that helped me lol

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow...
There is a spot where you spin the hub around and it misses everything.
All I did was remove the rotor, used an old wheel nut and washer to do it up. Didn't adjust the brake shoe back or anything. But while it was off I adjusted the shoes anyway.

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
i spun that thing 100 time's trying to get a spot but it just would not go,I am not trying to call you a lier because maybe your car is different but yeh.. i tried a lot of different ways and nothing, even had a FORMER holden mechanic to try but needed the shoes to come off

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Think I had it where the adjuster was. Mine was in an IRS sedan though.