Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute just stopped?

crabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 3
hey all
just drivin around the corner and the vs just stopped dead...no splutter . no bang , no nuthin lol and now the battery is flat ....starting to regret buying this thing

tried shifting the auto selector around , checked fuses , plenty of fuel in the tank but she just wont fire...

any thoughts?

thanx
crabby

crabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 3
hey mate
would that cause it to stop just crusing at 60kmh like it did or stop it from starting alltogether

thanx for the help

CCCMikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS '95. LPG. 513,000KM
When mine did that, it was the fuel pump. Stuck half way up a hill. NRMA towed us the five hours home.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

crabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 3
hey fellas
the car had only been driven about 2 min when it happened and before that was about 4hrs , would it get hot enough for it?

had a mate come up and we gave it another go as it broke down near hungry jacks on a sat night and i wasnt happy leaving it up there even if it is just around the corner. anyway we tried a few things lookin for anything that stood out but had no luck so we towed it home slowly being a auto . got home and pulled a spark plug out to see if there is any spark and she fired up first kick...did a few blocks and it didnt miss a beat.was hoping it wouldnt start so we could at least rule out spark or fuel.

will look into the paperclip idea and see what comes up :)

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
A suspect battery can also cause a sudden halt - make sure it is fully charged and under 2 years old....also ensure the connections to the battery are 100%. Look for clues also: what work has been done on the car recently.

crabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 3
hey mate
the ute has been fine since the last time it stopped and i have replaced the battery about a week ago but today it happened again but a little diferent.was driving along and the cd player started skipping as well and the tacho was jumping up and down as the ute started to surge or splutter then stop. managed to get it to start and lucky it was close to home but all the way it was like real jerky and once i got in the drive it stopped again. not sure but was thinking a problem with the coil breaking down under load ? havent done the paperclip trick yet , my luck it would catch fire or something lol

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
Would only take you a few mins to check for error codes.