Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ute leaking tail lights

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
hey guys bought a set of clear/tinted tail lights for my ute a couple months ago (off ebay of course i doubt theres warranty) and yeah the drivers side indicator fills up with water when it rains or the car is washed and the drivers side break light is starting to get a bit of water in it to, is there any way it can be repaired ? or am i up for a new tail light it seems to be leaking from the inner seal (the one thats glued on that you cant get to)

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
evil_monkey said:
hey guys bought a set of clear/tinted tail lights for my ute a couple months ago (off ebay of course i doubt theres warranty) and yeah the drivers side indicator fills up with water when it rains or the car is washed and the drivers side break light is starting to get a bit of water in it to, is there any way it can be repaired ? or am i up for a new tail light it seems to be leaking from the inner seal (the one thats glued on that you cant get to)

Mine get a bit of condensation in them but dont fill up with water... just take them off and try seal them best u can.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
yeah, ive taken it off more than once to try seal it but still gets way to wet

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5 Speed Wagon & VS Auto Wagon & 98 VS Statesman
I brought a set off ebay for my VS Wagon and have had no problems with them, but i would contact the seller because i have had a few things replaced under warranty with ebay with no problems
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

tsalad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR family truckster
on the tail light issue - I picked up some clear tail lights for the vr wagon.

There is a rubber/foam seal/gromet that goes around the base of the bulb holder and seals the gap between the bulb holder and tail light housing. Mine are falling to bits - went to holdens - the only way to get spares is to but a complete new harness for the tail lights :cry:

Does anyone know where to get new ones? no luck at clark rubber - Bunnings will be the next port of call!!

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
contacted the ebay seller no responce so i guess he dosent really care,

yeah i was thinking of silicon but its gona be mighty hard to squeeze it in where its leaking from while trying to still make it look neat i dont really want to see an silicon all around the edges of the tail lights

but im stuck between a rock and a hard place because my origional tail lights one has a crack so it gave me an excuse to buy the clear/tinted ones and i dont particularly want to go and buy aftermarket normal looking ones for fear of the same problem not to mention the clear/tinted look heaps better on than the origionals