Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute seems to run ****

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
well today a new problem ocured i cleared the codes then after about 30 mins of driving i was just rolling down a hill was doing about 70 and it just turns its self off did it twice today no warning or nothing didnt even realise till i went to accelerate i put it in neutral and starts straight away while driving and it has really got me stumped could it be a bad earthing connection ?

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
so what could make the car run reall low on power and stall when cruising at 70kph with foot off accelerator checked the injectors none seem to be blocked leads have been changed oil has been changed gearbox fluid is disgusting and getting changed on the weekend so is air filter and fuel filter and i have reset the car and its still throwing out the code 76 would a good clean out of the plenum and throttle body help clear this issue ?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
when it turns itself off does it stumble at all or just straight off? Could be fuel filter, have you changed the o2 sensors, should fix code 76

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
just straight off im going to go get my old 02 sensors off the old car they should be transferable shouldnt they? fuel filter getting done on the weekend

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
yeh np's if there both 4 wire or both 2 wire just swap em over, do another ecu reset after.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
changed the 02 sensors feels a bit better the old 1s seemed prett f'd pulled them of all rattling on the inside and were real dirty the revs and aceleration has improved a bit but still seems low on power could this be due to the lsd having to spin 2 wheels ?

the tranny is getting a service tomorrow along with fuel filter and air filter change and a good clean of the plenum throttle body and maf sensor will this make it better ?

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
[p]wrr-247;1742406 said:
so what could make the car run reall low on power and stall when cruising at 70kph with foot off accelerator checked the injectors none seem to be blocked leads have been changed oil has been changed gearbox fluid is disgusting and getting changed on the weekend so is air filter and fuel filter and i have reset the car and its still throwing out the code 76 would a good clean out of the plenum and throttle body help clear this issue ?

Quick question. Did the car just stall like that, or did it spit and spat and be rough before it stalled.

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Another thought is the coil packs? You only need one to be playing up and it drives terrible. From memory the coil packs are fairly sensitive to things like failed leads. So if your plugs/leads were knackered when you changed them maybe one of the coils has going too.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
it just did no spiting or spattering just off didnt even realise till i went to us ethe accelerator and i was thinking about the coils before also being a problem i was just about to look for some coils prefferably msd or super6 coils but if i cant find any soon will get standard if you have got a estimate on some new coils please let me know cheers

Last edited:

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Another thought is the coil packs? You only need one to be playing up and it drives terrible. From memory the coil packs are fairly sensitive to things like failed leads. So if your plugs/leads were knackered when you changed them maybe one of the coils has going too.

Good point. On a V6, when one coil fails, doesn't it affect 2 cylinders because they are paired or ?