Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute statesman buckets with bench seat in centre???

Timsgmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wags
I want to install vs statesman buckets in my vs ute and keep it a 3 seater but was wondering if this is possible due to the passenger seat being joined with the centre seat?

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
It can be done. I did it with mine except I put SS trimmed seats in mine and kept the bench. Looks factory still which is good.
Have you got the stato seats?

Is the passenger side electric or anything flash on it?

You have to put your trimmers hat on to do this.

I had to remove the seat back from the base on both the donor seat and the bench. Thats easy; a couple bolts each side and they are interchangeable.

Then you have to unclip the seat fabric from each seat base, these are held in with metal staples, just spread them and reuse.

The bench side you will have to carefully cut the fabric between the seat and the bench as it is sewed together.

When you put the stato seat bottom on the bench frame, you will have to cut a little of the seat bottom fabric to get it over the tube supporting the bench.

I sewed this back together with a needle and thread.

Looks the goods once done, just need to take your time and have patience!!!!

Timsgmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wags
So do I actually use the rail from the statesman seat for bench or take the rails off and use the existing? I want the comfort of the Statesman seats and am hoping not to use the crappy seat that is in there.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah man, its not as easy as swapping out the rails. You can out the stato seat straight in and the rails should line up. Its the base frame of the seat that if totally different.

What you need to do is physically remove the fabric and foam from the bottom frame of the stato seat, do the same on the bench seat out of the ute. Then replace the foam and fabric on the bench seat frame with the stato foam n fabric and reclip it.

Its a little fiddly and you need patience to do it right, otherwise you will get ripples in the fabric etc.

Done right, you wont even be able to tell.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Read my first reply bro. The backs are interchangable between the seat frames. 4 bolts from memory. Thats the easy part.

Timsgmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wags
deserthead,you are a legend.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
All good man. Let us know how you go!