Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ute v6 shudders when stationary in gear.

melton2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Hey guys, my v6 auto vs ute has an issue which I cant seem to work out why. I have read many posts but none relate to my problem unfortunately.

When my car is on, and in park or neutral, the car is fine, no issues, idles well.
When I'm driving (car is moving) no issues which I can feel
But if the car is stationary in drive, (at traffic lights for example) the car shudders randomly. There is no pattern for when it shudders. It could be good for 5 or 10 seconds, and then it shudders once or twice every few seconds until I take off again.

It sort of feels like it's going to stall, and the revs drop but it never does stall.

The air filter has been changed, intake cleaned, new sparks, 2 sets of leads, oil change.
The engine doesnt move, so it's not the mounts

I cant seem to figure out why, nor can my mechanic.

He said it's fine to drive, but its annoying as hell.

Hope someone can help.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Sounds like one or 2 things, coil pack or fuel pressure, You will need to just check the TPS, IAC and injectors, if u replaced leads and plugs that leaves u with coils or DFI.
Clean your throttle body and IAC for any carbon build up also look for vacuum leaks.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Could also be engine mounts are routed