Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Ute with 5L

Mrmang

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
hey guys I got a vs Ute that was a v6 and was thinking of putting a 5L in it I got one out of a vt ss how hard would it be to put in and what would I have to do to the wiring and stuff

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Did you get anything else from it? Basically none of the V6 wiring, ECU, or gearbox will work with the 5L. VT ECU won't work in the VS unless you can get a memcal without VATS. you're better off using VS 5L electronics, it will make the conversion a lot easier.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
There are a LOT of wiring mods needed to run the Vt setup. I’ve done it, but only because I needed sequential injection for the lpg.

Trans will work fine as will the engine. Just get a vs pcm and wiring loom and plug it in. It’ll run fine with the stock vs tune but you’ll get the most from it once it’s been tuned properly.

Mrmang

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
Yeah I got gear box hole loom and computer exhaust manifolds engine mount adapters

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah I got gear box hole loom and computer exhaust manifolds engine mount adapters
Exhaust is totally different. Sell off loom/ecu and exhaust and buy the vs bits and you’re good to go. You’ll also need a VN-VS intake manifold if you revert back to the old loom.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

Engine mount adapters for V6->V8? You'll also need the V8 K-frame if not, you can't use the VT or V6 one.

Mrmang

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore
So it’s a big Job to put it in then by the sounds of it

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not a big job just less hassle if it was vr-vs setup then it would practically bolt in with less wiring to so.

Means you'll need to track down several parts.