Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Auto Memcal - What to expect?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Hey guys, what can I expect to see in terms of transmission and just in general from your VS V6 auto memcals?

As in, what the shift points should be around and whatnot, just in general what's been changed and optimised cheers :)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Mine gave me:
* better low and high rev range torque and power
* Firmer shifts
* Engine was much more responsive and willing to rev
* Smoother performance/better economy.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Just got mine :D
Will be installing soon. Firmer shifts sound good, and general responsiveness of the engine. Does it change from 1st to 2nd or whatnot at different times? Like what does it tend to rev to now?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
It holds the revs much longer and more consistently which is what I was after.

Steve does a great job with these.

Do the Tune and also a corvette servo and your shifts will be so firm/sharp that it will throw you back in your seat between 1-2 gears....the tune won't make it as firm as your hoping for I don't think but it does make a good improvement, so do the tune and servo combo and you will have a smile on your face everytime you give it the boot :p

(servo's are around $40 on ebay for a good one)

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
[PHOTOB][/PHOTOB]

i got a mace tune and a corvette servo and a fairly strong gear box but i dont get very harsh/throwing u back in seat 1-2....could it be my throttle sernsor? it is firmer but not as firm as i would like it as ive been in cars that have to same and r in way worse nick and its harsher
also could it be the corvette servo seals? i no heaps of people just use teh cheaper ones but i used them and the seals seem cheap! has anyone else noticed that? should i try changeing servos and see if its that? as i do have a spare one but its the exact same brand as i was gong to put it in me other car but i sold it (keeping in mind ive had teh servo in the car for over 2 years now)

cheers

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
haha i didn't even know that the memcal makes the shifts firmer, and yeah I've heard about the corvette servo, what's the difference between that and a stage 2 shift kit?

Also, which corvette servo is good for a VS V6?