Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Auto Stalling Problem

dylanwalk99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive V6 and VR SS HSV Enhanced
Hey guys/girls, first time posting and i’m hoping someone can shed some light on my issue.
So its only just started happening recently, but my car has been idling pretty rough and when you go to take off from a complete stop it nearly stalls out or it does, and when you do take off it feels gutless and takes a bit to get up to speed, it also seems to be worse when the a/c is on too.
Thanks guys

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'd start by cleaning the throttle body and if that makes no difference than there maybe a problem with the TPS. I'd also recommend cleaning the MAF sensor and ensuring the air filter is in a serviceable condition.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have the same issue but it’s only when idle or very slow speed
Either ICA not adjusting to load or bad plugs, leads or coils. Start with foot on the brake and change from reverse to drive your tacho needle should bounce up over 1000 then back down to 700-800. If failed the test buy a new one also get some cleaner and clean out your body throttle as well.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
By a new what?

Is that for a cold idle because 700-800 rpm is a bit high for an ecotec v6? and my experience is that the idle barely moves shift from drive to reverse (or visa versa).

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
By a new what?

Is that for a cold idle because 700-800 rpm is a bit high for an ecotec v6? and my experience is that the idle barely moves shift from drive to reverse (or visa versa).
What I said at the start, sorry for the confusing, yes the extra load increases the revs to about 1000 to cope with load on the engine same as turning the wheels and switching on A/C, if its not increasing then dropping then the IAC valve isn't working.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Is that for a cold idle because 700-800 rpm
Just a rough ball figure, 600-700 depending on load. My car needle jumps up then back to normal under gear change from park to reverse, reverse to drive. Maybe yours wasn't working..

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Load? no, idle speed is temp dependent and the IAC controls airflow to maintain that idle speed depending on load.

Nope, my tacho was working just fine. Tacho moves a little when changing but it doesn't jump.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Any case you should see a change, I suppose every vehicle behaves different.