Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Exhaust

riewoldt12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore Ute
Hey Everyone,
I know there has been a s*!tload of questions about exhausts and I apologise for adding another one, but I just wanna ask my own question and get some opinions/advice from you guys. I'm looking to get a new exhaust for my vs v6 ute, I wanna start from the extractors back. So in other words a whole new system and I will spend some money on getting a twin system because a lot of people in the just commodores forum recommend a twin system because v6's respond a lot better. So i was wondering if you could give me some advice on what to get. I have about a $1500 buck budget. Thanks for your help.

Banno

A Ute is your destinty...
Reaction score
Website
shanebannisterphotography.com
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Very nice :D

I just built mine yesterday for $1320
Very happy!!

Got Pacemaker extractors into Twin Cats back into a 2.5" semi-stainless all mandrel bent with a ressy and Stainless JunBL Muffler with twin pipes

Sounds real deep when under revs and barks when over 3000rpm! But doesn't drone when cruising

Your better off goin with a semi-stainless cos it'll cut out the drone often produced by the bolt on single systems and the sound will be deep and smooth

You'll thank yourself for spending the extra cash!

P

phracta

Prolly a silly question, what does "semi stainless mean? "

Whats better, Genie or Pacemaker extractors?

Dude, on a ute, twin systems look bloody good

Banno

A Ute is your destinty...
Reaction score
Website
shanebannisterphotography.com
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Just a "sound good" word for the better mufflers and resonators used...

The lukey/redback stuff is poorly packed with fibreglass where as the better stuff is machine packed and reduces the drone and makes it sound a hell of a lot better and the muffler itself is stainless steel making it nice and shiny :D

But yes Twin systems do look very sweet...
But your lookin at double the proice of a single... so your lookin upwards of $2000 for a decent system... Up to you...

As for Geine v Pacemaker... ??
Couldn't tell you... Never really looked into it sorry

J

joel HJ60

2 grand for an exhaust system DAMN! My exhaust for my Cruiser is costing $340 ( 2 1/2 inch pipe) and I'm fitting the 2nd hand extractors myself. 2 GRAND jeez

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
what would a VR V6 sound like if you replaced the rear muffler with a straight through pipe, but had no other mods? (no extractors, nothing)

chunderlicious

tight ass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE clubby A6
it sounds like nearly all vl commodores do, alot of droning just louder and louder as the revs gets higher. i took my rear pip off at the joint. i need to get a new one put on.

ntl

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS 3.8L V6 Commodore
Well whats a "good" muffler? I thought lukey were good, thats what i was going to get. I want it basically as you described it, nice and deep with a bark and as little drone as possible. I also don't mind it being a bit loud :D