Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Getrag VSS/Speedo

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
First of all ive done a search and tried a few things but no luck as my situation is a little unique.

Long story short previous owner has cut the loom that goes to the gearbox for Speed sensor and reverse switch. Ive done some rewiring and got reverse working as it should but this speed sensor is a total nightmare.

Ive tried running new wires exactly as they are in the wiring diagrams but nothing is working and my speed sensor has different coloured wiring than what the diagrams say and mine has 2 wires where the diagrams say 3 wires. To make matters worse the Violet/White wire for the manual VSS that goes into the PCM looks like it was never there to begin with.

This is really doing my head in i know that it used to work cause the previous owner has a video of him reaching nearly 200km/h in it.

If Anyone that has experience in this area can help out that would be greatly appreciated. Or evan if there is a way to bypass the bullshit and get the speedo working.

Cheers
James

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
So nobody knows a way to fix this?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
manual/getrag have the sensor wire going to the pcm and speedo from memory, they dont feed through the ecu to the speedo like the auto's

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im now thinking someone has put the wrong speed sensor in my gearbox. From what ive read the Getrag VSS should have 3 wires positive, negative and a purple sense wire. Mine has a 2 wire sensor in it which i think is the auto one. Please correct me if im wrong?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Getrag/Auto output Sine Wave, T5 is Square Wave. Auto/Getrag VSS sensor is 2 wire, T5 is 3 wire.

If you have a Getrag Box you should have a 2 wire sensor, I checked and it should be wired the same as an auto gearbox but run the getrag memcal, Any VS PCM can run a Auto/Getrag speed sensor and memcal.

Wiring diagram on this page number 4, wire it up how it shows it for an auto.
delcohacking.net • View topic - VS V6 Wiring Diagram

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so Auto box and Getrag box should both be wired up the same? That makes alot more sense. Ive been looking at wiring diagram for weeks trying to figure out why when i follow the "manual" wiring diagram nothing works. Ill give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
yeh the wiring diagrams dont show getrag, it's same as auto just with code switch in the memcal code.

Robbo3262

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5ltr 5 speed
Can someone out there help me with this one my speedo on my vs 5ltr ute when i drive it goes straight round to 220 kms or of the clock and odometer stops t

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
sounds like stuffed speed sensor throwing out wrong voltage ot s short