Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 L67 conversion.

Klunke_dk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I have a decent N/A V6 and im thinking of swapping it with a more exciting engine.

Several combinations come to mind, but for the sheer ease, i ahev thought about the L67.

If i get my hands on a L67 from a VS would i need to change anything other than the engine and control unit, or do i have to change gearbox and harness aswell?

I have searched the forum, but couldnt find an answer to this question.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
As above, the L67 Torque forum will give you all you need to know. But basically, if the L67 is from a VS, all that you will need to change is the complete motor and accessories, the engine harness (or modify your existing one due to different sensor loacations), the pcm (computer behind passenger kick panel) and the fuel pump. The standard ecotec pump will run fine up until the higher rev range when it cant keep up and can result in dangerously lean mixtures. L67's also run a taller torque converter.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Also, you can run a later model L67 in a VS. You will just need to add a coolant temp sender like you do when running a late model ecotec in a VS.
I have a complete VT L67 conversion for sale at the moment too. PM me for details if you're interested.

aectk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
V6 SUPERCHARGED engine question

hey, i have a supercharged s pack sitting it the shed, the motor has a loud knocking, i want to know if i can get a standard v6 from a vt and bolt all my supercharger parts over and put it in my car.
this will include heads, charger pulleys and all. does the l67 have a stronger or different bottom end?

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
hey, i have a supercharged s pack sitting it the shed, the motor has a loud knocking, i want to know if i can get a standard v6 from a vt and bolt all my supercharger parts over and put it in my car.
this will include heads, charger pulleys and all. does the l67 have a stronger or different bottom end?

You can, although the L67 bottom end has lower compression then the ecotec bottom end. Most people would advise against it, better off in the long run getting the L67 bottom end fixed.

bradster

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have a v6 vs commodore & just got a vs supercharged calais .how hard to convert the supercharged engine to my vs & any fiddly bits i need to know