Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v6 overheating still

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
Change the engine fan. I had one that wouldnt kick in on low speed , but high speed / turn AC on it would. Changed fans with another one ( 2nd hand ) and didnt have the issue again

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
Check the earth wire from the engine block to the neg on the battery. I had a lot of probs on a VS2 Accaim with high temp readings, and other probs.. and it turned out to be the earth lead, it was frayed at the block side, forcing the voltage thru anywhere else it could go.. like the temp gauge

lowesteem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem Wagon
Are you bleeding the air out?

SENDER TEMP. TO GAUGE 92061500 should be used the older one had problems.
If you went to run a cooler THERMOSTATE DAYCO 82DEC DT22A it will sit on a quter line but you need to get the fan settings changed. If you want to go that way PM The1 about it he did mine.
Mine stays on that line most of the time will go up about a ml. with aircon on. So runs at that temp all the time.

View attachment 190181
Totally with you on that ! The little bleed screw on t/stat housing needs to be done every time there's any cooling system loss or opening to fill. This prob is what VLs with their low slung radiators before Holden recalled them after many cracked RB30 heads. Like burping a baby !