Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 won't start

HGK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hi guys, Still can't get the VS going. New plugs and leads, new DFI and newish coils, 2 new CAS, new fuel pump. Finished putting the fuel tank in today and it started, on LPG. (with the new CAS). Let it run for 5 minutes and switched it off. Came back an hour later and it will turn over but not start. This is what it did when I put in the last CAS (which was a cheap one) I took that CAS out and put it on an ohm meter and it showed it was no good so I bought a proper brand CAS and installed it and the same thing seems to have happened. I guess I will have to take it out and see if this good brand CAS has also failed. Does anyone know if a fault with my car could somehow cause the CAS to fail? Or does anyone have any good ideas at all please!

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Hi guys, Still can't get the VS going. New plugs and leads, new DFI and newish coils, 2 new CAS, new fuel pump. Finished putting the fuel tank in today and it started, on LPG. (with the new CAS). Let it run for 5 minutes and switched it off. Came back an hour later and it will turn over but not start. This is what it did when I put in the last CAS (which was a cheap one) I took that CAS out and put it on an ohm meter and it showed it was no good so I bought a proper brand CAS and installed it and the same thing seems to have happened. I guess I will have to take it out and see if this good brand CAS has also failed. Does anyone know if a fault with my car could somehow cause the CAS to fail? Or does anyone have any good ideas at all please!

Looks like you have loaded and fired the parts cannon already.

Back to basics now, checked for fault codes ? Have you checked for spark ? Checked fuel pump is operating ?
What brand is your LPG system ? How long since it was running OK ?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Could also be security isn't disabled, but check codes first

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
When the engine cranks and does not start... is that due to loss of ignition fire? Loss of fuel pressure? Loss of Injector Pulse? Loss of Fire & Injector Pulse? Do you have any codes in the computer?