Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V8 Auto to Getrag conversion

Mezo

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Ute 5.0L Manual
Hey, I’ve bought a VS V8 Ute that has been converted from an auto to Getrag Manual.
It is very hesitant in the lower rev range (2500rpm and lower), once it’s over that it’s fine.
I’ve noticed it is still running the auto PCM and Memcal.
Can I get the Memcal changed to a Getrag Manual?, and will this help with rev range problem.
2BC413F2-A7C9-45FF-9902-048C49DBE5BA.jpeg
F8815FD9-6C2A-4891-9833-52E7539D12CD.jpeg

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Can I get the Memcal changed to a Getrag Manual?, and will this help with rev range problem.
Yes you can, but I'm seeing one of those dumb ebay stickers on the memcal chip, I'd suspect that would have more to do with your issue (although the fix is the same). Contact The1, Delcowizzid, Ace Performance Tuning or look over at the PCM Hacking forums for somebody reliable to flash one for you.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What did they to wiring side of conversion.

Does speedo actually work & is it correct?

Can change auto memcal tune to manual so it doesn't stall or misbehave too badly but getrag has different vss signal wave,different wiring etc so for it to work properly best way to do conversion is with vs series 3 manual harness & ecu which has a maf system plus vss is bolted to rear housing of v8 getrag that reads off slip yoke which has sensor wheel

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
^^^ VS S2 loom will be the same also, maybe not for the MAF but it will also fix that issue.

Last edited: