Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs V8 Bosch Ignition Module

skeg1967

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 CHASER
I own a VS V8 Chaser and it has been running like a dog for the last 6 months. Problems include rough idle, tacho needle flicking to 2500rpm at idle and also flicking while driving, poor and slugish auto changes and sound system cutting out when car was stopped with the engine running. I took it to my mechanic and he gave the ignition module a tap with the end of a screwdriver and it seemed to fix the problem for a while. The problems came back so I forked out $220 for a new Bosch ignition modude from Holden. I fitted the new module in the car and took it for a test drive and could believe the difference, about 30% more power,ultra smooth idle, responsive auto changes and no tacho problems, it is the best the car has ever gone in the two years that i've owned it. It pissed me off that that i had to buy a new one when the old one probably had a dodgy solder joint or a stuffed resistor or something like that. I also fitted a Holden C.A.I today and with the new module it goes so hard and so smooth, i'm totaly impressed.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If you had purchased the module from a place other than a dealer you probably would have only paid half that price. Glad it fixed your problems. Don't see how it could have had anything to do with your sound system.

skeg1967

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 CHASER
There was one on Ebay for $190 buy it now plus postage, Super Cheap wanted $245 and had to order one in so i thought $220 delivered to my mechanic wasn't to bad from Holden.

C

cubba

would that be the body module you are talking about on the right side of the engine. i work in spare parts, and i have sold a few of those modules for the v8s. the are becoming pretty common now.

skeg1967

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 CHASER
Here is a photo of the ignition module.Bosch part # 9 220 066 020 and GM part # 92060240.

Attachments

• 100_4076.JPG
    100_4076.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 6,796

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey, I was recently quoted OVER $600 from Repco on one of these things! :rofl: