Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v8 idle problem

Jake145

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv ute, A6 6.0
Unplug the plug that's on your throttle body and see if it stops, it may conk out or it'll idle nice,

VY_SP4C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SPac
so are you still running your vs ecu without a tune on a cammed engine? if so I would look a tune before anything else.

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to own vb commy end of year
Soo i came to another conclusion if this may be possible seing the engine was on a vn auto and the dizzy timing was set for auto box in diagnostic mode as they sit diff revs could the timing and base timing cause it to idle like this

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Unplug the plug that's on your throttle body and see if it stops, it may conk out or it'll idle nice,

Theres two plugs unplug each one one by one and see what happensif it idles nice when unplugged that indicate i need a new sensor

Jake145

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv ute, A6 6.0
Would be my first guess if not it has to be the cam giving you idle issues and it will to be tuned to fix it then

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Check for manifold leaks, simply spray start u bastard etc around manifold, if idle goes up it has a leak. It sucks the spray in through the leaks. Shouldn't really run a knock sensor if running a cam as the cam tends to set them off. Most tuners disable it.
Dont see how a "worked" motor could run the stock tune. Would have to be worlds smallest cam. Not to mention would not be running anywhere near as efficiently as it should without proper tune.

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Check for manifold leaks, simply spray start u bastard etc around manifold, if idle goes up it has a leak. It sucks the spray in through the leaks. Shouldn't really run a knock sensor if running a cam as the cam tends to set them off. Most tuners disable it.
Dont see how a "worked" motor could run the stock tune. Would have to be worlds smallest cam. Not to mention would not be running anywhere near as efficiently as it should without proper tune.

I sprayed wd40 around manifold nothing changed when i bump up the idle from the throttle cable its all sweet. The engine originally didnt have a knock sensor i put one on thinking needs it to run could that be the issue ill try to unplug it see what happens...when saying worked its not over the top worked not stroked nothing just been machined bored honed flat top pistons 10:1 higher compression stage 1 cam the cam isnt a over the top cam...ive got the ecu that came with the engine but the ecu is a vn v8 auto ecu and mine is a vs v8 manual would that ecu still crank it over and work ?? And how can i tell if the ecu that came with the motor has a memcal for tune etc