Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v8 sedan with abs

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
Did you say you changed the brake master cylinder??? I think you still have air in your system but unable to remove air through normal procedure from when you do a simple brake fluid flush. I know that when fitting new master cylinder's that you have to bench bleed them before installing but you still can remove the air when the MC is fitted.....
I would try bleed it this way
- Place rag under master cylinder and the brake lines at master cylinder.
- open one brake line at a time at the master cylinder
- get a mate to sit in car and press brake pedal slowly
- you should see brake fluid flowing out of the brake line connection to master cylinder and quickly turn it off
You might see or hear it have air in it but once there is fluid coming close the connection off and then top up brake fluid in the master cylinder.

(hopefully these instructions make sense, i'm a bit hungover lol)

You don't need to take off wheels just need to work in this area
24607d1155431479-vr-brake-upgrade-vt-master.jpg

phear11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5L Berlina
i put a second hand master in, do u still need to bench bleed them when they have already been in another car?

if i need to bench bleed ill buy a bench bleeding kit, alot cleaner and easier and no brake fluid going everywhere.

also would i notice much notice if i change the standard rotors to cross drilled or slotted with heavy duty bendix pads all round? or waste of time.

if i do any upgrade ill prob just do a vt upgrade so i can just get second hand stuff besides new pads and rotors and save a heap of cash.
does anyone have a link to a complete vt upgrade guide?

and is there any difference between the vs berlina v8 1" master and the vt 1" master?

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
The way I said you will not be able to do the job with a bleeding kit because those are used at the wheels.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go straight to 1:24mins of the video.... do those instructions instead....without the kit. Don't need to remove master cylinder.

phear11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5L Berlina
ive got a vt master as im going to put vt front brakes on it, so will bench bleed it before fitting it in the car so should be sweet after i put it in then ill have to bleed the abs module incase theres any air trapped in it from when i replaced that.
will just have to get the mechanic to use a scan tool to open the abs module.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
......and is there any difference between the vs berlina v8 1" master and the vt 1" master?

All VS models have a 7/8" master cylinder (22.25mm). VT models have the 1" master cylinders.

phear11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5L Berlina
the guys at abs must not know what they were talking about as they said it had a 1" but i had a look at the wreckers and mines exactly the same as the v6's hence why i got a vt one.
cheers

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
VS M/C is unique and will not interchange with any other model, it is the stepped bore quick fill model. Neither is it 7/8 or 1 inch.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Right area today but my VS has the hsv upgrade so not helpful