Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Wagon - air bag light on

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Removing the seat wont alert the BCM nor the Airbag Module to a possible fault. I hope your not saying that I said that?

I'm not sure where the airbag controller is on a VS if it's under theat seat then the only think I can think of is that by removing the seat you have also removed an earth strap from the module causing it no longer work. If this is the case then you need to get that earth strap back on ASAP.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
No trunkrattler you didn't say that - I noticed it somewhere else on this forum. What I'll do is 1..disconnect battery 2...inspect airbag module under seat to check that no separate black earth lead will be disturbed during seat removal 3...undo the 4 bolts holding seat and gently lift to see if there is a impact sensor built in the seat. 4...do it all slowly.
Of course I'll also consult my 2 manuals but sometimes they don't tell you everything.
Many thanks for your help.

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997
Similar problem...

I have had a similar problem start in my VS tonight.

Scenario started when I was taking out my monile phone charger from the ciggy plug. I took it out and had pushed it back in, when there was a 'pop' sound from below the steering column. The light on the charger was also off so this told me the fuse had blown. Anyway, I drove to the nearest service station, bought a fuse and replaced it. On the way there I'd noticed the AIR BAG light was on. I assumed it was the same fuse, I'd hoped it would sort itself when the new fuse went in. No luck :bang:

So now I have this dilemma. What do I do?

I know my car had this problem before I bought it, and the yard did something to it before I got it which appeared to fix it. Now the problem has resurfaced 18 months later and I'd appreciate some help!

The reset of the control module sounds like something to try, but I don't want to have to fork out too much money when it's a different problem. I find it strange that this problem has come up after the number 15 fuse blew. The fuses are seperate (18 is for the airbag).

Thanks for any guidance.

Jazza

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
If found this one. Feel free to ignore it was for a different car.
With both front seat belts in, remove battery for 1 minute. I have no idea if it will work but I cannot see the harm it can do??

Mike

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
when the airbag light is hard on when the car is going it means the airbag module, under the drivers seat is disabled, the airbag will not go off cause the system is disabled because an error code is logged, only a holden tech 1 scan tool can retrieve and clear the codes, if you take a seat out it may set of the seat belt pretensioner which may log a code and enable the airbag light to be on all the time and disable the airbag system, yes the airbag module is under the drivers seat.

M

mando

srs light

new here but hope i can help, works on VR TRY AT OWN RISK,
Ignition on, connect jump wire to terminals 5 & 13 to data link connector for 2-5 sec, srs will flash fault code, reconnect wire to 5 & 13 for 5-10sec, should erase light, may need to repeat if for faluts stored, othewise use black tape over light.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
i dont know how this would work as pin 1 is the airbag module serial pin, pin 12 is abs and pin 5 is the ecu pin 4 is earth and pin 16 is 12v i dont know what pin 13 is but i doubt it would do anything. Or are you saying connect 5 and 13 then short that out to pin 1? :confused:

redvsberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series II berlina
i had the same problem i taken my to mechanic witha computer hooked it up they wer hopeless couldnt do anything then i had taken it to holden 2 minutes and free its all gone

A

A SPEC 5.0

airbag lights on all commodores will not self erase itself. if any voltage is out of parameter for to long the sdm module will log a dtc and the airbag light will come on untill deleted with teh 2 or other diagnostic tool to delete it