Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Wagon - Convert to LPG or not?

mcnmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual wagon
The exhaust sounds the same :) .

The power difference with a mixer (gas carb.) in the intake path is slightly less whether on petrol or LPG. It is not noticeable during normal driving while on LPG and even less so when back on petrol. The difference between a full tank of LPG and an empty one is more noticeable.

thanks for that.. heard that there is a new direct injection system that actually increases power:thumbsup:
using a cheeper fuel with more power sounds like the best of both worlds.. only im not sure how much more an instilation for this costs..
you cant really go past a $100 lpg system.. could use the money i saved to put in my cat back exhaust!

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
thanks for that.. heard that there is a new direct injection system that actually increases power:thumbsup:
using a cheeper fuel with more power sounds like the best of both worlds.. only im not sure how much more an instilation for this costs..
you cant really go past a $100 lpg system.. could use the money i saved to put in my cat back exhaust!

No prob.

There are vapour injection systems around which reduce any possibility of backfire (maintenance of 'plugs and leads is cheaper) and don't require anything stuck in the intake path but, yes, are more expensive......why are you considering converting to LPG again?

mcnmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual wagon
No prob.

There are vapour injection systems around which reduce any possibility of backfire (maintenance of 'plugs and leads is cheaper) and don't require anything stuck in the intake path but, yes, are more expensive......why are you considering converting to LPG again?

its my first car and im still at school, so only having a part time job i spend most my money on petrol, thought lpg could save me some money..
i guess ill have to do my sums and work out which will be best.. i like the sound of that vapor injection system though.. i might ditch the idea of the cat back exhaust and put the money toward the vapor injection if that offers me more power anyway