Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS wagon height with sl springs

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
Would anybody have say a measurement or photo of what I could expect the height to be of a Kings sl rear spring in a VS wagon with 15 inch wheels,225x60 tyres.I’m not quite sure where the measurement should be taken from,ground to guard,wheel centre to guard or ground to sill ,

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Front
Rear
Designation
Approximate Ride Height Change
Designation
Ultra Low
Lower 70mm
Ultra Low
Lower 70mm
Super Low
Lower 40-50mm
Super Low
Lower 40-50mm
Low
Lower 30mm
Low
Lower 30mm

So with SL you would be 40-50 mm lower if that helps

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
Front
Rear
Designation
Designation
Ultra Low
Lower 70mm
Ultra Low
Lower 70mm
Super Low
Lower 40-50mm
Super Low
Lower 40-50mm
Low
Lower 30mm
Low
Lower 30mm

So with SL you would be 40-50 mm lower if that helps
I don’t really know what is was standard as I fitted some sort of Pedders lowered springs in it years ago but still seems to sit high in the rear end.From ground to the guard it’s 650mm on drivers side, 675mm on passengers side.I pulled the springs out and put them side by side when I replaced the shocks and they were the same height,so I don’t know what’s going on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
May not concern you but Kings will give you a poor ride. Lovells are far more comfortable.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
May not concern you but Kings will give you a poor ride. Lovells are far more comfortable.
Lovells Sports Low are good, but if you go "super low" it will be harsh whatever brand you buy.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Common issue with live axle rear commodores ..basic things to look at...is ground perfectly flat(try measuring at a garage),if lowered spring does it have an adjustable pan hard rod and is it adjusted correctly,front drivers side spring sagged,fuel tank location and level......heights are measured from wheel hub center to guard lip (eyebrow height)
In S.A a vs wagon rear eyebrow min is 330mm

Last edited:

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
Common issue with live axle rear commodores ..basic things to look at...is ground perfectly flat(try measuring at a garage),if lowered spring does it have an adjustable pan hard rod and is it adjusted correctly,front drivers side spring sagged,fuel tank location and level......heights are measured from wheel hub center to guard lip (eyebrow height)
In S.A a vs wagon rear eyebrow min is 330mm
[/URL]
I have checked it on level ground,and a few different places ,still the same.Ive already checked the front height which is the same side to side.Haven’t got a adjustable pan hard rod which is one thing I thought could be a problem.Height from hub centre to eyebrow is 350mm drivers side ,375mm passenger side.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Panhard rod will help... also check the coil spring insulators they come in different size heights and can compress over time...