Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt 1999 bcm and ecu

paulypop3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 1999
had big dramas with immobilser doors wont lock or unlock with key then later car wont start got new key fob that didnt work from lock smith so now im getteing computer and bcm with key fob in 1 package i would like to know can i just put in replacment bcu or is it advisible to replace computer to many thanks from a not so smart person on cars:surprise: vt commy 1999 st wgn

D

devilly

i replaced the bcm,ecu and keyfob got it as a set from another car.this worked for me :)

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
The bcm and ecu will need to be swapped out as a set, otherwise they will need to be linked by a dealership or someone else with a tech2

paulypop3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 1999
i replaced the bcm,ecu and keyfob got it as a set from another car.this worked for me :)
thanks is computer any drama havent looked at it yet bcu ive seen im just told plugs can be hard to get out
is there anything i need to do to replace computer eg disconnect battery

paulypop3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 1999
thnks turtl3 for the info will swap them both out as they came as a pair out of same car with key fob and slip ring

D

devilly

thanks is computer any drama havent looked at it yet bcu ive seen im just told plugs can be hard to get out
is there anything i need to do to replace computer eg disconnect battery

clips are a bit of pain so plan a day for the job and don't rush it.easy to unclip the bcm and then take out the connectors.

bcm is up under dash and ecu is in passenger side kick panel near the left foot.start here first i found it easier.

i disconnected the battery,then after i did the job i turn key to accessories while holding both arrows in and then it displays RESET release buttons and then hit mode to accept it.

paulypop3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 1999
thank u very much i really thank u for your advice devilly :lock:

paulypop3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 1999
bit of a prroblem

i managed to get the plugs out of the bcm unit all except 1
a in diagram wont come out so i opened box and and unscrewed it from the circuit board
question can i screw it into the new circuit board as im **** scared ill brake the plug if i try prize out
which means i will have to unscrew plug from the new bcm unit

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJFIFIu!bbC3uBSNl(V00J!--60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJFIFIu!bbC3uBSNl(V00J!--60_57.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 688

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Shouldn't have to unscrew anything.

If it's stuck it may be pulled out and the locking tab jammed.
Give it a spray with some crc/wd40, push it all the way in, depress lock tab and unplug.

paulypop3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 1999
Shouldn't have to unscrew anything.

If it's stuck it may be pulled out and the locking tab jammed.
Give it a spray with some crc/wd40, push it all the way in, depress lock tab and unplug.

well i did the spray it with crc a number of times but the plug wouldn't budge so cut the wires a couple of inches from the plug then spent 15 mins prizing it out got a sparky from work gonna rejoin the wires on weekend so at least it will now just plug into bcm end all in all thats the only drama i had so hopefully with matching computer and bcm and matching key fob ill have wheels again
thanks for your post