Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt 5.0 wont start

deanos70

Reaction score
Im putting a vt 5.0 litre into a manual hilux

Ive had the security settings removed, had a manual chip put in, the ecu has been tested with the dizzy and ignition module at the same time and were working as they should as were all the plugs on the loom getting signals

Im getting spark and injector pulse which was tested with a noid light

It wont fire up, im thinking its a fuel problem, has anyone ever had a blocked fuel regulator or fuel rail? is it common to do so

I have put reco injectors in, changed plugs and leads, i can hear my fuel pump priming
The main fuel feed is hooked up the the regulator so its on the correct side,

The thing that makes me wonder if the regulator is blocked is i have the fuel return line from the injectors not hooked up, should i be getting some excess fuel coming out of that when the pump primes, as im not getting any, after cranking i have pulled out the plugs and they are dry, all sensors are connected, i have taken off the main fuel line before the regulator to test if the pump is working fine and it is getting fuel there

all the earth fires are connected up to the motor, chassis and battery

any body got any ideas what it could be

i just want to make sure its going to fire ok before i start putting the radiator thermo fan etc etc back on

thanks

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
fuel goes into the end of the rail without the reg on and out via the regulator and back to the tank thats probably the problem

deanos70

Reaction score
fuel goes into the end of the rail without the reg on and out via the regulator and back to the tank thats probably the problem

Doh
wouldnt be the 1st time i made a clown of myself

cheers will go and swap fuel lines

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
let us know how you get on

deanos70

Reaction score
Delcowizzid i could kiss you but im not that way inclined lol

Done the trick, swapped lines and hey presto, a few back fires and had a few flames shoot out as the exhaust manifolds arent on but it ran, i only ran it for a split second at a time , as the radiator isnt in yet

I always thought the regulator was just that to regulate the fuel coming in, but obviously its not

big thanks again

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha sweet as mate have fun now :D hope you have a few diffs and CV shafts saved up youll need them LOL

deanos70

Reaction score
haha sweet as mate have fun now :D hope you have a few diffs and CV shafts saved up youll need them LOL

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol that might be the next project after i get this running and engineered
might have to ease on the go pedal, though the diff in them is pretty strong as it originally had a factory V6 in it, i know the gear boxes can easily handle the 8's

thanks again

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha they are ok just dont have your foot on the gas when they land the front on the ground when 4wdring heres my mates build he got sick of blowing diffs LOL
showthread.php

deanos70

Reaction score
Thats one sweet note coming out of the 4runner

Hes done some awesome work on that build up