Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT 5.0L Gaskets

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
I got a set of VT 5.0L Gaskets whoem the seller claimed they would fit but turned out they are too f**king big... now I need to take the car to Bridgestone for a fix and the car seems to drive fine without the 1 gasket on the drivers rocker cover side (Its just supper frikin tight so no leak aswell as ultra grey seal) I need to know will the car be okay to travel about 50ks to its destination without too much trouble..

I would happy put the old gasket back it but it was that old and crap it fell appart when i took it off! :( anyway please share your thoughts guys, Cheers cooooonts

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Should be ok.
You'll probably get a slight leak. Just don't rev it too hard.
Stop about half way to your destination and check.

Last edited:

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Yeah sounds good i took it for a drive uptown before and seemed all sweet I just needed some reassurance

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
So you used some silicon? Should be okay, just start it and let it run for a few minutes and check for leaks. You can get crappy paper/cork gaskets which shouldn't cost more than $15 or you could get rubber reuse able gaskets for a little more.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Yeah gonna see what they can put on it tomorrow as its going for a RWC, Nothing else really wrong other then the drivers sode rear door wont open from the outside due to a bad handle and the lowered springs :/