Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT 5.0ltr Berlina Wagon wont start

leviathan_333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0ltr Wagon
Hey everyone.

I drove my wagon down to the deli yesterday turned the car off, came back bout 5 mins later turned the key and "click". I can hear the starter motor click but wont turnover. i have had the starter motor checked and it is fine, my alternator and battery was changed last month. all the dash lights, stereo, electric antenna work but car wont start. it is only one click and nothing else.

any ideas?

cheers.

drippy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack & VP ute
try wiggling the battery terminals, there may not be enough contact alowing only a small amount of current draw (stereo ect..) but not enough to crank the moter over. happened to me once.
otherwise just try a jump start, sounds more of a battery related problem tho

mofo sixx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 auto
i have a vt 5.0 had a similar problem, in fact the same problem

i removed the battery from the equation because it was < 1 yr old, as is my alternator

it ended up being a faulty battery, but according to the auto elec, one of the terminals (on the car not the battery) was very dodgy & not getting enough current to the battery which over time stuffed the battery

luckily they did it as warranty and he replaced the terminal for me ($100).

take it to an auto elec they shouldnt charge to diag the problem & you cn go from there

06vzcalais

Reaction score
wiggle the battery terminals or while turning it over get someone to do the ol bash the starter motor trick

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hey everyone.

I drove my wagon down to the deli yesterday turned the car off, came back bout 5 mins later turned the key and "click". I can hear the starter motor click but wont turnover. i have had the starter motor checked and it is fine, my alternator and battery was changed last month. all the dash lights, stereo, electric antenna work but car wont start. it is only one click and nothing else.

any ideas?

cheers.

Check the starter motor solenoid trigger wire. (violet/white)
check if the connection on there make sure its not loose.
And clean all the battery terminal with a wire brush.
Can be your solenoid to on the starter motor.