Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT 5.0Ltr LSD problems HELP

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Mungus said:
See the dirt road your on in your profile picture! We got plenty of them in the territory and they don't mind how fast we go on them. I keep the paint, the cab & the engine bay as clean i can.

Better you than me m8, it took me a good month to get rid of all the gravel on the udnerside of my car lol. Couldnt imagine doing it day in and out.

Pyrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 5Ltr
i think ive had a change of opinion...got the car jacked up at the moment in the garage both rear wheels off...driveshafts seem to be eqaul distances either side of the diff housing theres no major movement in either of the driveshafts only a few mils in and out both sides which is normal (no movement in the output shafts of diff)...and the problem only seems to happen when its warmed up, was fine just now...any ideas...startin to think maybe lubrication problem..

Pyrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 5Ltr
heres some pics of both sides dont think its the circlip

Attachments

• left.JPG
    left.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 276
  • right.JPG
    right.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 277

Pyrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 5Ltr
kill -9 said:
I'd say it needs an acid wash and additive change, the VT's were shockers ofr this problem. It basically acts as a locker.

im guessin you can get this done at any holden dealer...any idea how much this costs...