Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt 5 litre Mods/Price n power results what u think PLS

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Nope twin systems are full of win. Have you got a X pipe or merge in it?

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
sorry pardon my ignorance but if u go to di filippo website its whatever the setup they have there for a 5 litre but juz the catback but in mild steel. which is the twin 2 1/2 str8 tru mufflers in mild steel n twin 2 1/2 str8 tru rear muffler with twin two outlets in stainless steel. n about the brand i have no idea coz my old workm8 hooked me up coz his dad owns 1 of the fastfit joints in cranny and honestly didnt bother about the brand @ the time juz wanted to change the note atleast. but paid like close to 600 with a hook up. ive asked a few to look at the setup b4 n they said it wasnt a bad deal but saying that im still not entirely sure if it was a gud 1 but all i can say is im happy with it. gotta luv it when it backfires when u rev it up lol

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
vn calais manual m8 finally decided to go ur way. ur right, i'll save alot so i rang them to do the whole lot already. cam package headers high flow cat + tune wish me luck. tah m8

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
btw they said its a mild cam. apparently i'll gain more power + better fuel economy. well thats what they suggested anyway. Any opinion? will be gladly appreciated. already having a hard time to make the misis swallow it lol. def not a happy camper she is lmao

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I will get you 15 rwkw for 50 bucks, 100% for sure on a VT 5 litre, maybe more than that. You can get the other 15 from a 1000$ twin system. Oh you allready have a twin system :), you wont gain 15 rwkw from headers

Hey Greenfoam

I have been trying to get some answers on the VT Tune

Is this for premium unleaded or on 91 RON

Is there any change in fuel economy (higher/lower) or is it simply correcting rich fuel mixtures?

I am pretty keen on getting one from you for my VT.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
wont a MAFless tune work well in a 5 litre?
from what ive read you get the best result in the 5 litres??
not sure about price thou?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hey Greenfoam

I have been trying to get some answers on the VT Tune

Is this for premium unleaded or on 91 RON

Is there any change in fuel economy (higher/lower) or is it simply correcting rich fuel mixtures?

I am pretty keen on getting one from you for my VT.

Mainly spark. Probably need higher octane fuel. Going faster costs money and beware of anybody who promises that it doesn't.

Reaper

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
so guys if i get a mild cam do i have to get a better intake manifold if so then what sort?

this is the set up im after or getting next week:

full exhaust(headers, high flow cat, cat back (twin 2 1/2)
CAI (ss induction) K&N filter
Mild Cam package including custom tune
dif gears- what should i get or best suited? want faster acceleration n not worried bout top speed so is 3.7 good?

ok headers, high flow cat, mild cam package and custom tune im quoted just a bit over 4k fitted
NOW MY BUDGET IS 5 TO 6K so any advice in what to do or prices bout the dif gears n intake. PLS what is best to do i dont wanna go to the mechanic on Tuesday n get rip of coz i have no idea what to do. URGENT HELP PLS