Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT 5 Litre will not break traction

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
you cant "read" plugs when using unleaded fuel
well you can but it is too complicated to do
it's not like the good old days

BULLSHIT, same same same, nothing changes, sure you get some colour variances with additives etc but you still get the burn on the electrode and you still get a black plug for rich and a white plug for lean etc etc.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
After the flush, I fill up the radiator, turn the heater on full start her up and keep topping it up until after the thermostat has opened. I then let it sit and bubble out of the radiator cap until I cant see too many bubbles. Put the cap on take it for a run, let it cool down and check the level again, top up if needed in the radiator and lastly check the overflow level.

Hopefully I'm not missing anything?
yer I do the same plus squeeze the top hose

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
SPACE_SAVER.jpg

/EndThread

merlinnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5L
Quick update for what its worth. I ended up replacing the rotor button, dizzy cap and leads. Made a reasonable difference, certainly better throttle response and improved idle. Then gapped all the plugs as they were around .6mm changed them to 1.2, car felt better again. Finally got hold of a timing light and it was around 4 degrees! Adjusted her to about 12, and she flys now. A lot more grunt down low, will turn the tyres if I desire and pulls harder through the rev range overall.

Wish I had checked that to start with!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Quick update for what its worth. I ended up replacing the rotor button, dizzy cap and leads. Made a reasonable difference, certainly better throttle response and improved idle. Then gapped all the plugs as they were around .6mm changed them to 1.2, car felt better again. Finally got hold of a timing light and it was around 4 degrees! Adjusted her to about 12, and she flys now. A lot more grunt down low, will turn the tyres if I desire and pulls harder through the rev range overall.

Wish I had checked that to start with!

So basically a service/tune-up?

merlinnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5L
Basically!

Still it was nice to know that a 5 litre can break traction and is not a complete slug