Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt a/c

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
great post jakstas, worthy of a sticky maybe mods? as A/C probs pop up all the time

james_sherman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
hey guys i work for subaru in mentone and i was talking to the guy who comes out and does the ac units on our cars bout why the vt ac allways stops working and he said
that holden put to much oil in them when the made them so you drain some out and change the o rings for the high pressure lines and they should be ok other wise you will just keep destroying ac compressers so put a bit less then what it says i will find out the exact amount if youse want

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
hey guys i work for subaru in mentone and i was talking to the guy who comes out and does the ac units on our cars bout why the vt ac allways stops working and he said
that holden put to much oil in them when the made them so you drain some out and change the o rings for the high pressure lines and they should be ok other wise you will just keep destroying ac compressers so put a bit less then what it says i will find out the exact amount if youse want

From doin some reaserch also ive found that the compressors from holden had poorly designed seals so they leak easily from the unit (which mine did). Thats y i went n got an after market OEM unit that had the seals re manufactured and they also have made them so they have replacable parts now.

i got mine off ebay from a guy called slipperypizza 4 $349 and free deleivery from qld 2 perth + new o rings and new drier, That was a sealed deal 4 me.