Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Acclaim - Drivers Seat Broken?

Orpheus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Acclaim
Hi all,

The other day the left side of my VT acclaim power drivers seat has sort of broken. It's a little hard to explain,

but it feels like something has broken on the left side, When i sit back - the back part of the seat has no support and is loose, it just pushes back when i sit back.

I'm afraid to sit back normally as the left side may completely brake.

The back of the seat plastic has also come loose (bottom of the left side) .

Also that plastic strip on the right side near the seat controls, near the floor is loose. But it was like that before it broke, still i would like to fix it if i can.

I took it to holden for a quick check and he said it's the back seat frame, and i need some clips for the map or something.

Does this sound right?

Would any stock VT back seat frame also work on my powered seat? like from an exec or any other model?

Whats the correct name for those clips he's talking about?

Is this all i need and is it very hard to fix?

Thanks in Advance :)

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
That back part is a stupid design

I put a screw in my one,

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
I did screws too, they've since all cracked through the plastic. Next stop is expander foam and no more nails, mark my ####ing words...

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
yeah the only problem with the screw is don't put your seat back to far

Orpheus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Acclaim
so how do i screw is in? and is the hoden guy right i need a back seat frame? and will stock seat frames work with a power seat?

so your saying that it could happen again even if i replace the frame? i'm not a big guy or nothing

This really sux cos i have to sit like a granda cos i'm affaid the foam / seat it going to brake, and the frame is expensive as

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
is this the part your talking about ?

backseati.jpg

Orpheus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Acclaim
Ok, well I edited the pic

When I push back in that spot or sit back most of the left side of the seat pushes back.

The left side doesn't come loose, I mean like you can't just pull the left side of the seat up and there is nothing attaching it to the lower part of the seat.

it just feels like there is no support at the back of the seat on the left side.

When the seat broke I tried to see if the plastic broken bit / loose corner would clip back on but it wouldn't push back into position. I was hoping it was just the plastic at the back that provides the support.

Attachments

• backseati.jpg
    backseati.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 871

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Oh, ok it sounds its rooted the pivot bolt, You might need to do a run to the wreckers for another seat.

Orpheus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Acclaim
Really? a whole seat damn.

I was thinking of just welding the frame if that was the prob?