Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Acclaim

A

AMP

Hey Folks,

I am in the position to buy a new car, and have a few options open to me, and one of them includes a Vt Acclaim. I am a fan of the VT look, however, I also have the option of a EL/AU Falcon Futura, which I believe to be at the same spec level. Tell me that buying a Commodore is a better buy than a Falcon. I am in two minds, The Falcon is there, and can be bought tomorrow, however the Acclaims are a nicer car, especially to drive. Any advice on what to look out for in a Commodore in particular would be great.

-Andrew

jacko

Reaction score
Personally, I would go for the Commodore if I was in your position. The Acclaim is definately a great choice. To help you make up your mind, some good ideas would be to read any reviews/road tests on sites such as NRMA or RAC. You could also organise a test drive with your local dealer to get a feel for the car. If you're deciding on the Acclaim, try to go for the Series II, as it's more refined, and you gain some more features, such as side impact airbags. Here's some NRMA reviews of the Acclaim: Series I, Series II

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I have a VT - absolutely LOVE it to bits!! Shape is awesome, looks mean as when lowered and nice rimz. Handles great when stock. Smooth ride, smooth gear change. Power is there and doesn't need a wind-up.

Mate has an AU. Might just be his car, however it doesn't feel as grunty. Seems to have smoother and quieter steering, however gear change is alot louder and harder. Interior is so-so (to my personal taste).

Each car has their problems. Definately go Series2 of whatever model you choose. But yeah, go the VT - once you do you'll be wondering why you even thought twice about it . Plus how can you frequent the JC Forums with a Ford! hehe :yeah: :yeah: