Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Air Conditioner Temp

HSV-FOREVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equip
Hi Guys, just want to say awesome forum!!!!

I just wanted to ask if anyone knew the temp my 99 model VT should be blowing out from the vents, just saved my self a couple of hundreds on air comp by simply replacing the Valve Control in the compressor(Delphi Comp)...got it regased this morning and its Cold....

VT_II_Calais

Car Whore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack Supercharged V6
I think mine is 6 degrees. An old subaru of mine was 4 degrees.

HSV-FOREVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equip
i just checked mine with the probe in the vent, placed it on number 2 and recirc on had it a 3 deg thats while im driving, on idle around 5 deg

VT_sleeper

Don't G-Tech in reverse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VX S II - Supercharged
wtf. mine must be fked. its like 15 degress and even thats probably to low.

how much did your regassing cost?

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
Manufacturers will never give figures for a temperature that can be reached. They will say something like 'it must reduce the air temperature by more than 8 degrees compared to ambient temperature'

The reason for this is that many factors outside of the A/C can affect the final temperature like humidity, ambient temperature, age of the system, sun load etc.

For example, A/C in Darwin with 40deg ambient isn't going to get as cool as one in melbourne.

HSV-FOREVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equip
wtf. mine must be fked. its like 15 degress and even thats probably to low.

how much did your regassing cost?

My mate is an Fridge Mechanic he checked mine last night and its correct 5 deg, the gas costed me $60 to fill a mate of mine did it. he getting me some insulate to so i can cover the cold pipes !!!!

HSV-FOREVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equip
Manufacturers will never give figures for a temperature that can be reached. They will say something like 'it must reduce the air temperature by more than 8 degrees compared to ambient temperature'

The reason for this is that many factors outside of the A/C can affect the final temperature like humidity, ambient temperature, age of the system, sun load etc.

For example, A/C in Darwin with 40deg ambient isn't going to get as cool as one in melbourne.

Yep agree my mate was telling me the same thing ....