Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt airbag warning light

mjg24nvt

mjg24nvt
Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forum and wondered if any one has had any exprence with the airbag warning light coming on. My car is a 99 VT acclaim and the airbag warning light came on the other day and has been on since. Is it usually the airbag its self or the airbag control module that causes this? Is there any troble shooting that can be done?
Thanks
Michael

mjg24nvt

mjg24nvt
Reaction score
No I have never had the seats out. Were you thinking pretensioners?

sammi1780

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vt acclaim
Have you noticed any other warning lights coming on? I have a 97 vt acclaim, I had the same problem the air bag light started going onand off at random, then the engine, oil, traction off, and the fans would run constantly. It turned out to be the abs module, Pain in the arse really. maybe totally off mark but thats how mine started.

mjg24nvt

mjg24nvt
Reaction score
Yea already had that problem. Replaced the ABS module.
Only the airbag light this time. The car only has 120000km on it and I am disapointed how much trouble its giving already. Hate to own it when its done 300000kms!

Easy Rollins

Farking old bastard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
My wife's VT Series 2 has come on two weeks ago.Holden(spit!) reckons it need a new SRS computer-$590.I told them I will get one from the wreckers.Holden(spit!) said it will still have to be coded to the car's computer??

Any ideas?...farked if I'm letting Holden(spit!) stitch me for 6 large. :bang: Hell will freeze first.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
I've had the same problem as sammi1780... only thing is.. my car doesn't even have ABS!!!!

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
take the light out